Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 Pins: Day 9




Original pin:


I was looking through my pins and found this one.  I totally forgot I had pinned it and had not noticed it in my recent scroll-throughs.  It is fall, and I have an abundance of wax, so it was perfect. 


Elli and I went out searching for leaves around the yard this afternoon.



We found a few types; different colors. 



Then came time to wax them.  I had to process the wax first (click the link to view an earlier post on this topic).  Then I lightly coated each leaf in a layer of beeswax.


 The results:




I asked Elli to go find a stick we could tie them onto, and she kept coming back with tiny twigs. :)


Eventually, I had to go and help.  I found the perfect stick right at the edge of the brush.  I cut unbreakable thread at different lengths, and tied the leaves onto the stick.  We just happen to have "hook and loop tape" at the top and bottom of our door glass, so I tied some fabric bows across the stick and attached a few pieces of hook and loop tape to the fabric.  Perfect!



I am very happy with the final outcome.  Since they are dipped in wax, they are supposed to retain the fall colors.  We shall see if that is the case!




View from outside.


This was a fun, seasonal pin that got the kid(s) involved and used up materials I already had on hand.  

Difficulty rating: Moderate (using raw beeswax is interesting)
Expense rating: FREE for me :)

Check out the other days by clicking the blog title at the top of the page and scrolling down!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...