Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Pins: Day 10

Hebrews 6:19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, 20 where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.



I had a few things up my sleeve today, but could not decide exactly what to work on.  Around 3 in the afternoon, I had my mom look through my pins to see if she had any thoughts.  This one grabbed her eye (the t-shirt).  I just happened to find $1 shirts at Walmart yesterday while shopping for groceries.  (Bargain shopper's dream!)  And bleach is always on hand, so I went with it.  
... But wait.  What would I put on it?  How about that design (based on scripture) that I have been thinking about for weeks?? (second pin)  It was a match made in heaven.  Therefore, today we have TWO
original pins:


Love anchors the soul. Hebrews 6:19



I printed the image onto card-stock paper.  Something a little thicker so nothing could soak through.  Then, I put a piece of cardboard inside the shirt (also, so nothing could soak through).  I placed the cut-out on the shirt where I wanted the design and ironed it flat (it was very thin and flimsy).  Added some extra newspaper just in case.  Working with bleach, one never knows!
The original pin did not link through to a site (boo), but I googled it and found a mixture: 30% bleach, 70% water.  To be honest, I didn't even measure.  I found a spray bottle, threw some bleach into it, and then added water.

I made sure the sprayer was misting instead of a direct stream before getting started.  Finally, I spritzed the shirt 5-10 times making sure I got in and around the cut-out.


Almost immediately we could see the shirt starting to change color.  When it lightened up a bit, I put it in the dryer for a few minutes (instructions from another website).  The only thing I noticed is that I forgot to cut out the hole in the anchor, of course.  So I dabbed a little more bleach water right in the center of the circle and re-dried.  


I LOVE how it turned out!  I thought about adding the Bible verse and notation, and potentially the heart, but I did not think a Sharpie would do it justice.  If nothing else, it is a conversation starter. :)

Expense rating: CHEAP
Difficulty rating: EASY

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...