Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Pins: Day 7




We had some overnight guests last night, and I was not exactly sure what to have for breakfast.  I remembered this pin and decided to take the opportunity to check another one off of my list.  And, of course, blog about it.

Original pin:


Click the image to see the original recipe.  I changed it up a bit according to what we have and our likes.  See below.

The results:


Recipe: 
6 eggs 
1/2 cup milk
1/2 lb. sausage 
1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
2 tsp. Tastefully Simple Bacon Bacon (or bacon bits and dried minced onion)
1/2 tsp. ground mustard (I love mustard with my sausage, so thought it would work.... and it did!)
salt n pepper to taste (if you use the Bacon Bacon, no need for more salt)

Mix all ingredients together, and use a quarter cup measure to pour into muffin tin.  Should make about 12.



I used cupcake papers and sprayed with pam, but it still stuck.  I might try the bare tin next time, well greased.


Before baking, I added some breadcrumbs and a small pat of butter to the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes.


They were delicious!!!  They contain a lot of protein, and held me over until lunch.  You could add ham or bacon instead of sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, fresh onions, bits of toast, etc. to make these your own.  At our church breakfasts, a lot of the ladies make different variations of this in a casserole dish, which might be a better idea.  Muffins are just so cute!

Expense rating: Inexpensive (especially if you buy a whole pig and grind your own sausage)
Difficulty rating: EASY

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...