Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2012

31 Pins: Day 6



I am cheating on this one a little... there is no original pin.

I am the original pinner!

My Great Aunt Mary Ann (my kids' "Really Great Aunt") informed me of a great clearance sale at the Family Dollar.  They had fun place mats for $0.75 and tons of other cheap stuff.  We racked our brains to try to think of something we could do with them.  And I came up with a tool belt for kids. :)

The results:


I folded the placemat lengthwise not quite in half (leaving a couple of inches at the top).  Then, I sewed 4 lines in the bottom part of the fold to make 5 pockets of different sizes.

For the belt, I found an old cloth belt from a pair of pants I was not using and sewed a big zig zag across the top of the tool belt.  It ties in the back.

I grabbed a few art supplies at Walmart and am giving this to my niece for her birthday tomorrow.  Shhhhh, don't tell!

Elli tried it on to make sure it works.  Definitely some growing room!

Expense rating: CHEAP
Difficulty rating: EASY (if you remember to make sure the sewing machine is threaded correctly. :P )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...