Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2012

31 Pins: Day 5


I was so tired of having all of my jewelry just sort of laying around on my dresser.  Every once in a while I would untangle the necklaces and roll them up in a doily in an effort to seem organized.  As soon as I saw this pin, I knew I had to do it.

Original pin: 

They used a towel rack and shower curtain hooks and it looks really nice.  Last week I saw my friend's jewelry looking good on a tie holder inside the closet door.  Being on a budget, I went with the cheapest option.  Of course I did not buy the $6 towel rack at Ollie's because I thought it would be cheaper at Walmart... I was wrong.  Instead of a towel rack, I went with an "over the sink shelf".  It has legs that fold down, but I did not even cut the zip ties.  It was $5.  And, of course, Walmart did not have plain hooks.  I ended up getting cafe clips... whatever those are. ??

Here is the before:

Here is the dresser after:

The results:


I used 2 "Incredible Hooks" for drywall.  Surprisingly, they actually worked.  And I did it myself!  I did use a work glove to get the bent part in there.

It's behind the door, so it is out of the way in case we move furniture in the future.





I am pleased with this organizational pin!  It seems that the shelf worked better for me since I had some rings and bracelets to store, as well.  I think I will be wearing more jewelry since I can actually see what I have now.  Also, I can see the griffin on my doily, made by my Gram in honor of my Gryffin. :)

Expense rating: Less than $10
Difficulty rating: Easy +

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...