Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Pins: Day 15

"Don't lay a finger on my Butterfinger." B. Simpson


 My baking buddy was over for a visit today, so we decided to make a food item from my pins.  This is one she found the other day, and my MIL just happened to be near the dry goods store where she picked up some cheap ingredients for us. :) (Thank you!)

Original pin:

This is not the first time we had considered making something "butterfinger".  There is another pin out there that boasts 3 ingredients or something like that.  One of them is candy corn, believe it or not!  We had to give it a shot.  (Click the link above for the recipe).


The results:

Melting candy corn and peanut butter.
Mixed with sweetened condensed milk.


White chocolate chips....yes, it is a lot of sugar.
Fudge!

We forgot to line the dish with foil, but it ended up popping right out of the pie plate (half recipe).  I cut it in to small pieces and dipped them in melted chocolate.


I am not sure they taste quite like butterfinger candy bars, but they are chewy and good!  If you try this and yield better results, let me know!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...