Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Friday, October 12, 2012

31 Pins: Day 12

3-2-1 Cake!


My mom actually found out about this one, gave me the recipe, and a premixed bag of the ingredients.  I was keeping it up my sleeve for a day like today.... busy!  I found a pin the next day so I could try it out. ;)

Original pin:

There are only a few ingredients to this quick, simple cake.  The dry mix requires a box of angel food cake, and a box of whatever regular cake mix you prefer (chocolate, white, yellow, etc.).  My mom mixed carrot cake mix in hers.  You will have quite a bit of mix, so it could be given out as a gift or kept on hand for a craving fix. :)

The other things needed are: a mug, spray oil, and water.  That's it!!


You are probably wondering why it is called 3-2-1 cake...  That is the cool part!     
Mix 3 Tablespoons of cake mix with 2 tablespoons of water, 
and microwave for 1 minute.
3-2-1 Cake!


Looks like a sponge...


...but is not bad for a quick fix!  It certainly would have been better with some cream cheese frosting, but not necessary.  I look forward to trying different flavors of cake with this one.  The strawberry in the original pin looks yummy!

Expense rating: Inexpensive (2 boxes cake mix)
Difficulty rating: EASY

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...