Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

31Pins: Day 18

Cake in the form of a brownie.  Yum.


I was so going to do a "nails" pin today.  I saw a great idea about painting glitter between two layers of sheer polish.  Well, turns out I don't have the right glitter or sheer enough polish to do this!  So, here I sit with one hand done (again) at 10:20 writing this post because I did this one late in the day.
Josh needed something sweet for his lunch tomorrow, and I easily found a dessert pin to try.

Original pin: 
Click image for original recipe


Simple ingredients: cake mix (I just used the one with the sprinkles already in it), egg, oil, milk, and optional chocolate chips.
Add egg and oil first, then milk just until moist.  Aiming for a very dense cake.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
She was adamant about the edges being just golden and pulling away (the original blogger, that is).

We let it cool for a while to set up, but then tried a piece.  It is VERY GOOD.  Especially if you love cake!  No need for icing with this recipe.  It is super rich by itself. :)

I may try with chocolate if I don't have brownie mix sometime.  Might be a little different than what we are used to in a brownie, but I think it would be good!  I will update if I ever try.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...