Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

Easy As (Homemade) Pasta


 I have been wanting to try this out for a while and finally made it to Peight's (Amish dry-goods, etc. store) for some semolina flour.  I found a great, EASY recipe and gave it a shot.  Very happy with the results!! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fresh-semolina-and-egg-pasta/

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups semolina flour
pinch of salt
6 eggs
2 T. olive oil
Sift the dry ingredients together onto a clean surface (I used the island).  Make a well and put the eggs and olive oil there.



When it gets too thick, use your hands.

Knead for 8-10 minutes.  Get in your upper body workout for the day.
After this step, cover loosely with plastic wrap (I used a baggie) and allow the dough to rest for about 30 minutes at room temp.


Roll out to desired thickness (this is the ab workout).










Make 2 smalls and freeze one for later. :)


You can air dry and store for later if you have leftover.  I also froze them after drying just in case.  I'll probably use them as pot pie noodles!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...