Jesus + Family + Food = Life

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Simple, Delicious, Individual Tiramisu Cups


When I think about making tiramisu, I get really excited.  But then I remember that no one sells marscapone cheese in my town (and I don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for it anyway).  And then I remember that it has alcohol in it (which I don't have and don't want to buy).  And then there's the decision to actually use Lady Fingers or pound cake...

Thankfully, this recipe takes all of the guesswork and worry away!  It's from Betty Crocker (http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/tiramisu-cupcakes/2a46af22-cb14-4087-8f07-87ac29d142b5?src=SH), but we made a couple of adjustments.


  • The Brandy was replaced with Apple Cider Vinegar.
  • Instead of using espresso powder, I ground some coffee beans extra fine and threw them in my French press with a small amount of boiling water.  Then I measured 1/3 cup of that to mix with corn syrup and spoon over cupcakes.


Also, instead of just "piping" the cream cheese/whipping cream mixture on top, I cut a small, cone-shaped hole in the middle so it was on the inside, too.

At my house, "piping" means throwing frosting, deviled egg filling or whatever into a plastic bag, cutting the corner off, and squeezing it out. :)

End result:  They are DELICIOUS and REFRESHING!  Thanks to "Teesa" for her inspiration and expertise (and patience)!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...